Fridays in the Park
Kids Classic Festival Schedule
Kids Fest Parade/Vendor Form
Christmas Parade Form
Vendor / Sponsor Form
Youth Council Application
Taste of Beckley
Sweet Treats Festival
Calendar of Events
Beckley Events (formerly Renaissance) & the City of Beckley organize special events and projects in the community.
Tentative 2015 Events / Festivals include:
• Feb. 28 - Beckley's Bridal, Prom & Special Occasions Fair at Tamarack (organized by The Register-Herald)
April 18 - Sept - Neville Street Market - 1st & 3rd Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm, contact Tickety Boo Mercantile for details at 304-575-8202.
April 25 - Souper Saturday, block party with soup & other food, art exhibits, craft booths, music (Jeffrey Joe Buckland & Lewis Pritchard), & children's activities; 4-7 pm; $5 = 4 soup sample bowls & voting coin (bring a can of food for Carpenter's Corner & receive a sample ticket).
May 16 - Sweet Treats / Raleigh County Schools Day of Arts - dessert event fund-raiser for the United Way with music by Raleigh County schools, Beckley Intermodal Gateway Plaza, desserts 12-3 pm; music 11am-4pm
• May 15 - Sept. 4 - Fridays in the Park (weekly lunch concerts) at Word Park on Neville Street, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
May 29 - Hospice's Wing & BBQ Night, 5:30 - 8 pm (contact Hospice for details)
May 30 - Beckley Founder's Day at Wildwood (organized by the Raleigh County Historical Society)
• June 27 - Beckley Events' Annual Motorcycle & Car Show, 5 - 8 pm, live music, vehicle registration 5:00 - 6:00 pm $15, specialty trophies, door prizes
• July 3 - Fireworks sponsored by Suddenlink, Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center, 9:30 pm;
July 4 fireworks at Linda K. Epling Stadium after the WV Miners game
• July - Sept. - Uptown Tailgate Farmers Market; (tentative days/hours: Mondays & Wednesdays 3:00 - 5:30 pm & Fridays 10 am - 1:30 pm), Beckley Intermodal Gateway Plaza, contact WVU Ext. 304-255-9321
• July 17 - Cruise-in Car Show; 6:00 - 8:30 pm; specialty trophies, dash plaques, food vendors, live music by Still Standing
• August 1 - Double Festival WVAFF Pageant - Miss, Teen, & Mrs. Pageant for the Appalachian Festival and Beckley Kids Classic Festival at Lake Stephens pavillion; Call 304-252-4769 for details.
• August 2 - Kids Festival Children's Pageant at the Youth Museum; Phone: 304-252-4769
August 14-16 - Simply Jazz & Blues Festival, Word Park (Contact organizer Lady D for details)
• August 29 - Taste of Beckley (part of the Appalachian Festival), block party from 6 - 9 pm; food vendors; free entertainment - music by Chris Oxley Quartet, 2 Johns, & Piney Creek Canyon Band; Ghost tour $ (call 304-256-TOUR for reservation); Info: www.appalachianfestival.net
• September 5 - 13 - Kids Classic Festival - various activities throughout the community - includes Kids Fair & Parade on Sept. 12; click on Kids Classic on the left for schedule of events; click on Kids Fest on the left for parade/vendor form
• October 3 - Chili Night, 5 - 9 pm, chili competition (click on chili night on left for registration form - accepting applications from August 15 - Sept. 14 only); Block party includes 3 stages of entertainment; 40+ chili vendors, plus other vendors; Tickets $5 for 5 sample tickets and a voting coin
Note: Also on October 3 - 5k Race - contact the Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce; & the Rocket Boys Festival at Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine - for info, visit www.rocketboysfestival.com.
• October 31 - Tailgate Halloween, organized by the Youth Museum, 11 am - 1 pm, B.I.G.
• November 11 - Veteran's Day Parade, organized by the American Legion 304-252-2219, 11 am
December 5 - Christmas Parade, (11 am or noon - tentative)
For more event information, call 304-256-1776 or visit www.raleighcountyevents.com or beckleyevents.com or like "Beckley Events" on Facebook.