Faith Based Organizations
Families & Individuals
Youth Emergency Preparedness
Training and Activities
National Preparedness Month Resources
To "Be BECKLEY Ready,” one must realize that it is a mindset, a whole different approach to being prepared. It is an acknowledgement that it is not the responsibility of a single agency or individual, but a shared responsibility of everyone in our community. The City of Beckley embraces the "Whole Community” framework, an initiative put forth and supported by the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Just a few of the benefits derived from such an approach include:
- Shared understanding of community needs and capabilities.
- Greater empowerment and integration of resources from across the community.
- Stronger social infrastructure.
- Establishment of relationships that facilitate more effective prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery activities.
- Increased individual and collective preparedness.
- Greater resiliency at both the community and national levels.
It is obvious that the advantages are many, and this approach is both proactive and progressive. It is also ambitious, and we need YOU to be a part of this collaborative effort. Look over the pertinent information in this section, and find out how you can “Be BECKLEY Ready.”