Faith Based Organizations
Families & Individuals
Youth Emergency Preparedness
Training and Activities
National Preparedness Month Resources
|Beckley’s business community is a vital component of our city’s emergency preparedness efforts and is a key member of the “Whole Community” approach.
According to the National Response Framework, there are a number of essential responsibilities expected of the private-sector, which include:
- Planning for the protection of employees, infrastructure, and facilities.
- Planning for the protection of information and the continuity of business operations.
- Planning for responding to and recovering from incidents that impact their own infrastructure and facilities.
- Collaborating with emergency management personnel before an incident occurs to ascertain what assistance may be necessary and how they can help.
- Developing and exercising emergency plans before an incident occurs.
- Where appropriate, establishing mutual aid and assistance agreements to provide specific response capabilities.
- Providing assistance (including volunteers) to support local emergency management and public awareness during response and throughout the recovery process.
This may seem like a daunting list, but there are a number of resources available to you that will assist you in this effort. Some are listed below:
FEMA Ready Business
Red Cross Ready Rating
Open for Business
Ready 4 Business
If you have any questions concerning the listed resources or need assistance in any way, please contact Kevin Taylor at 256-0034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.