The next Beckley CERT basic training classes are scheduled to be held in May 2014. The four classes will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will end no later than 9:00 p.m. Exact dates will be forthcoming.
ALL FOUR CLASSES MUST BE COMPLETED TO SATISFY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS.
Training will be conducted at the Beckley Fire Department # 3 Fire Station located at 1102 N. Eisenhower Drive.
Topics covered include:
• Module 1, Disaster Preparedness
• Module 2, Fire Safety and Utility Controls
• Module 3, Disaster Medical Operations, Part I
• Module 4, Disaster Medical Operations, Part II
• Module 5, Light Search and Rescue Operations
• Module 6, CERT Organization and NIMS/ICS
• Module 7, Disaster Psychology and Team Organization
• Module 8, Terrorism and CERT
• Module 9, Course Review and Disaster Simulation
In preparation for this training, you are encouraged to take the independent study course "Introduction to CERT."
The training is free, but class space is limited, so please email Kevin Taylor at email@example.com or call him at 304-256-0034 if interested in taking this training or if you have questions concerning it.
Also, an application is required to be filled out and forwarded to Kevin Taylor before the start of class. This application can be accessed below: