New River Park
East Park - Splash Pad
Stansbury Tennis Courts
- Where do I go to make a payment and pick up keys to the rental?
- Can I bring my gas grill?
- How long can I rent the shelters?
- What time can I pick up keys?
- Do I receive free time to set up at the shelter?
- What type of payment do you take for reservations?
- Can we have a band play at our event?
- What happens if it there is inclement weather or I cancel?
- Any other questions?
1. Where do I go to make a payment and pick up keys to the rental?
- The Parks and Recreation Office is located at 401 Adair Street in the Board of Public Works Office
2. Can I bring my gas grill?
- Yes, but let the Parks and Recreation Personnel know ahead of time. The grill must be placed in the grass area away from the ceiling of the shelter.
3. How long can I rent the shelters?
- Depending on the availability of the date you want, the minimum amount of time is two hours. There is a daily rate which you pay for seven hours and get the 8th hour at no charge.
4. What time can I pick up keys?
Office Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
If your rental is on a weekday, pick up the keys on that day.
If your rental is during a Saturday, Sunday, or Legal Holiday, you may pick up the keys on the business day closest to you rental date.
5. Do I receive free time to set up at the shelter?
- Payment is for the time to get in the shelter until your event is over. We do allow time for clean up (no more than 30 minutes).
6. What type of payment do you accept for reservations?
- Personal check or money order made to the "City of Beckley."
7. Can I have a band play at our event?
- Yes, as long as the music is played at a moderate level. The City of Beckley has a noise ordinance which is in effect during the hours of 10pm - 7am.
8. What happens if it there is inclement weather or I cancel?
- There is no refunds due to inclement weather or cancellation made 30 days or less of your reservation. All money already paid will be forfeited. (If another date can be found within the same rental season, rescheduling may be possible).
9. Any other questions?
- If you have any other questions, you can contact the Parks and Recreation Office at